Safety at the Bus Stop
- Students are to arrive to their bus stop FIVE minutes prior to pick up per Anoka Hennepin school district transportation policy. Drivers will not wait for late students.
- Drivers are trained to stop just before the students. Do NOT approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop and the door has opened.
- There is NO smoking allowed at the bus stop; E-cigs included.
- Please be mindful of private property. Do not trample the grass, wreck landscaping, throw rocks, etc.
- The bus stop is an extension of the bus and the bus rules apply.
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks where provided. If there are no crosswalks cross at street corners, not through the middle of the intersection.
- Please dress appropriately for the weather. Even if you are only at the bus stop for a short time in the winter, the bus could break down and be without heat for an extended period of time.
- Take notice of any suspicious activity and report to your bus driver or school administrator.
- Make sure your student is familiar with their bus stop. Walk your children out to the bus stop and talk about the stop before they ride the bus for the first time. Occasionally the bus route may have a substitute driver. Please encourage young students to have a “bus buddy” (an older student that gets off at the same bus stop if possible) that can help them get off the bus at the correct stop and assist them in getting home. All young students should have bus stop information either attached to their backpack or in their backpack.
If permitted, it might be a good idea to keep a spot shoveled out for the students to stand during the winter time.
The bus driver does not have the authority to change the bus stop. If you have a concern or question about the bus stop please call the district transportation dept. at 763-506-1125. Click here for more information.